Friday 11 November 2016

5 benefits of wearing a cape

For me, capes are the epitome of fall/winter. There truly is nothing cozier than a cape. They may be a few fashion seasons ago but I am still loving them. Other than their cozy vibes, keeping you warm and looking downright adorable there are so many other benefits to the cape. Here are a few...
  • They go with everything: Whether its' skinny jeans, dresses or just donning your pj's underneath for a late night supermarket haul -capes go with pretty much anything. Dress them up with a belt and fedora for a day exploring the city or throw it on over jeans and a tee for an evening around the bonfire, they work for everything. 
  • Feel stylish: I don't know what it is but when I have a cape casually draped over my shoulders I just feel more stylish and chic, like Meryl Streep in the Devil Wears Prada. 
  • Hides the food baby: Any piece of clothing that succeeds in making you feel chic and 'put-together' whilst simultaneously hiding that food baby is a worthwhile investment -and an essential in every girl's closet. 
  • It's like wearing a blanket in public: As a frequent 'public-pyjama-wearer', I'm all for wearing blankets out in public. The person who invented the cape made this possible, and the person who set this trend again -made it socially acceptable to rock a blanket out in the high street. 
  • Your basically a superhero: It's true when wearing a cape I instantly feel like a superhero ready to save the day (-then I look down and realize I'm a chronically-ill person, out in my pajamas). It also brings back nostalgic memories of dressing like a witch at Halloween or watching Disney princes swoop in to save the princess. An item of clothing can conjure all those thoughts and feels, pretty powerful huh? 
What do you love about the cape? 
Cheerio for now!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The cape looks lush on you! I haven't bought one (yet haha) but you sold it for me when you said it was like wearing a blanket in public - the dream! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Yes I love anything cozy to wear, especially this time of the year xx

      Delete

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig