Tuesday 7 July 2015

Book Review: Grace

Grace: A Memoir, by Grace Coddington 

I’m not entirely sure where to start with this book. I have been waiting so long to read this and now that I finally have I’m not sure what book to go onto next. For me, this book was an easy read full of both Grace’s wit and humour, as well as a full dose of truth and honesty about her life. She recites everything from her childhood to her modelling career, her transition to creative director as well as her transition through relationships giving us a look through not only her love life but also her family life. She also lets us in behind the scenes of her relationships with colleagues, and friendships with famous faces. The book is also full of Grace’s neat and quirky sketches, along with photographs from her modelling days, personal life and photo shoots from her creative direction. 

I have to admit, I’m not a hardcore fashion follower so I was a little nervous at how much I would relate to this memoir. As I made my way through, I was surprised at how many names I recognised. From models to designers, photographers to editors; I impressed myself with my knowledge of the fashion world. 

This book made for an easy-breezy read; wrote as though you were sitting with a cuppa listening to Grace, herself. I’d recommend to anyone, especially those who love memoirs or anything within the realm of the fashion or creative art world. 

Ever read Grace: a memoir? What did you think? 
Cheerio for now!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig