Wednesday 13 May 2015

When it rains, it pours

when it rains, it pours
this is a perfect phrase to fit explaining a flare. as a severe sufferer of multiple chronic illness' I'm faced with the dilemmas of everyday life and how they may effect me in the long run. on one hand I have to pace myself and only use my designated spoons for that day otherwise I run the risk of borrowing spoons from future days, flaking out and causing a flare. a flare is something I, and many other spoonies, generally refer to as a
huge unwanted speed bump in life, which resembles more of Mount Everest than an actual everyday speed bump
sometimes a flare is a result of borrowing spoons and ultimately flaking out, but sometimes it can also pop up out of nowhere, and for no cause at all. It makes everything a thousand times harder and more of a struggle than what it usually is. Any Spoonie will know how hard everyday life is anyway but with a flare it's like trying to save yourself from being immersed in sinking mud, yet you have weights & chains pulling you down. Which I, myself, feel like I'm going through now.
Let me give you a run down of a normal weekend outing, after spending the entire week laid up in bed or on the sofa.
You see on a Sunday I may go to lakeside, a regional shopping centre about a twenty minute drive from where I live, with my mom and nan. we usually get there, and park in the mobility car park which has it's own entrance to Debenhams. once we get in my nan will need a coffee and something to eat so we'll go upstairs into Debenhams own café. the café is so noisy for me. first of all there's the background music which consists of a mixtape/podcast stuck on loop. It includes pieces of music, offers and competitions going on in store, and audio adverts for brands and designers they endorse in store. they have this at an average volume until it's drowned out and the store tannoy goes on full volume to let someone know they've lost their kid and let them know where to claim them (I have hyper sensitivities, which include sound so it's more like sitting in a gig than a café). than there's the 'clanky' sound of plates; cutlery, cups & saucers being picked up and put down. there's people chit-chatting, the chick in the corner having a "no you hang up first" argument on her phone, the old deaf couple across the way shouting their conversation to one another for the whole world to hear and than there's the small boy throwing a screaming tantrum as his parents sit oblivious to the show their son is throwing. all of this has gone on, nearly all my valuable spoons have disappeared into thin air and my nan hasn't even brought over our tray of drinks let alone the fact we haven't even waited or had our food yet. so by the time we're done in the café we need to hop back in the car to get home so I can hibernate after being out for a maximum of thirty minutes.
so with that in mind you can see how the littlest things can all add up and cause a right storm for a spoonies body -into a flare of all flares. and so the brick wall comes crushing down on me and your left in a heap on the floor reassembling the bricks in order to get back to how it was. when it rains it pours.

Cheerio for now! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig