Monday 11 September 2017

Magazine Loves

If you follow my Instagram, then you know I love a good magazine. I'm not talking about those ones that you get a free goodie with or ones discussing celebrities and frivolous gossip but rather, ones centered around topics that interest me. Topics like sustainability, alternative living, art, travel, style, stories, and articles about people who inspire me by standing for what they believe in and going against the norm. Below are some magazines that I have been loving lately. 
Peppermint 
Peppermint magazine is an Australian publication, with its content rooted from style, sustainability, and substance across lifestyle and fashion. They showcase entrepreneurs, creative innovators and thought-provoking articles about those living their lives differently to the mainstream and in the process address and aid social and environmental issues. 

For me, Peppermint has everything I have ever wanted in a magazine. Reading about real people and how they live or have adapted their lives to help and live in the most eco-friendly way possible is something truly thought-provoking and inspiring; especially when you've been bought up thinking there's no other way than to simply keep filling landfills and use harmful products. For this reason, I would have to say it is my all-time favourite magazine. 
Frankie 
Frankie Magazine is an Australian bi-monthly magazine covering design, art, fashion, photography, music, travel, and craft. This magazine is full of quirky and whimsical illustrations. The articles are photographed gorgeously and wrote with tons of sarcasm, curiosities and sometimes even rudeness -but it's awesome! The honesty that rings through the magazine is one of the main qualities that make it what it is; a quirky, cute mag filled to the brim of inspiration, beaut photos, and hilarious words. 

I have subscribed to this magazine on and off for around two years now, and over that time have learned its' issues are a necessary item in my bag. 
Oh Comely 
Now, this is a fairly new magazine to me. I've been reading it on and off for just under a year now. It isn't one of my must-haves like the two magazines above however, I do love its' content. This magazine discusses nothing while also discussing everything. What do I mean by that? Well, in all honesty, there is nothing entirely consistent in terms of the subject matter of the articles, but still, its articles have a certain quality which warms the heart. Their articles often revolve around the seemingly mundane and yet their writers' manage to narrate the everyday adventures in a way which cherishes the little moments and leaves you with a fuzzy warm feeling in your belly. 
Popshot 
Popshot magazine has a mixture of poetry, flash fiction, short stories, and illustrations. It is smaller in size, being around an A5 size, and is produced twice a year. Each issue's content revolves around one theme in particular, with the magazine showcasing only the best of the best. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves poetry or shorter reads, along with any aspiring writers'.  

*Now, I do have three other magazines I'd love to share with you guys but rather than have this post too long -I thought it best to divide the list and produce two posts. Stay tuned for the next one! 


What magazines do you love? Let me know below 
Cheerio for now! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig