Friday 24 November 2017

Sweater Weather

November has always been a little bit of an oddball for me. It's that grey hazy zone between the blur of pumpkins and the scary masks of Halloween and then the red, green, and sparkly decorations of Christmas. November is almost a stopping off point, a period of respite before the stress and excitement of Christmas hits us all and comes around in the blink of an eye. It is also when the temperature drops and the air becomes a little chillier which means only one thing: it's time for sweaters! 

I love my sweaters. As a disabled person, who is often in a wheelchair, it can get freezing really fast. Because of this, I have assembled a collection of trusty layers I always turn to around this time of the year. Of course, over time a few have been passed on to other hands and new ones acquired but I have three old faithful's that I'd like to share today. 
The first is this Beige cardigan from River Island. I got this about five years ago, as well as the same style but in an ochre yellow tone too. I love how effortless it looks but how incredibly cozy it is. I'd say I use it more indoors than outdoors because it works great as an extra layer, but it also comes in really handy to keep in the car and on my travels during October time too. This cardigan is essentially my 'in-between seasons' layer, and, where it's buttonless, it works great to wrap around myself and just curl up in. 
This second one, this jumper by the brand Staring at Stars at Urban Outfitters is also a golden oldie. My granddad has the most amazing knitted jumpers and I often joke that he needs to look after them so I can wear them one day (it sounds morbid but we've been doing it for years because he knows how much I love them). Anyway, I saw this jumper when I was about seventeen, I fell in love instantly but it was from urban outfitters and a little out my price range. A few days later my mom came in with it and my granddad had treated me to it however, it was a little snug (like 'can't-breathe' snug) and I didn't want to size up but I also didn't want to take it back entirely so it was just shoved into a draw for years. 

I found it during moving house at the beginning of summer and tried it on, which to my delight it fit. Since then I have worn it whenever it has got a little bit nippy outside. It is quite a fine-knit but also very soft to wear so it's perfect for those days when it is warm in the sun but cold in the shade. 
Last but not least is this fluffy soft jumper from Topshop, again an old guy from the magic wardrobe (where clothes disappear for years). I don't actually shop from any of the above shops no more, however, I hate being wasteful especially with clothes that still fit into my personal style. As I mentioned, this jumper is really soft, and quite baggy in shape but I love the pattern and colour. It is a bit more 'out-there' than what I would wear these days, however, I'm happy I bought it when I did. This jumper always makes me feel super festive and really gets me in the mood for Christmas. 

So, those are my favourite November warmers, do you have any items that you love bringing out this time of the year? 
Cheerio for now! 

Photography: James Coleman 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to make a superb article…
    buying clothes in bulk

    ReplyDelete

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig