Wednesday 10 August 2016

Book Review: Skin Cleanse

The Simple, All-natural Program for Clear, Calm, Happy Skin 
Skin Cleanse book - the simple, All-natural program for clear, calm, happy skin
Just like many of the books I read, Skin Cleanse by Adina Grigore had been lurking on my Amazon Wishlist for months before I received it for my birthday. Having already started the process of going all-natural with my toiletries and skincare for little over 6 months, I was seeking guidance in a big way and so this book couldn't have fallen into my hands at a better time. 
Skin Cleanse - a map of your skin illustration
Adina talks her reader through every aspect of adopting the simple, all-natural body care routine in an easy, jargon-free way. When reading you honestly feel as though she's sitting telling you this over a coffee. Through the 8 chapters, she educates you on not only how to identify problematic products, but also how to weed them out of your routine and find another little gem to slip in its place (-usually something you already have in your kitchen, I might add). She teaches you how and the importance of keeping food and product journals to notice triggers for your skin and body. The book also contains so many vital lessons and tips on how to read and decipher ingredient labels to identify those little nitty-gritty buggers you really don't want going onto your skin, and then being absorbed by your body. Another aspect I really didn't anticipate to read in the book was how your ancestry, environment and how your great-grandmother lived, can affect your own lifestyle and body (truly fascinating and educating chapter). 
Skin Cleanse book - Chapter 7 be your own apothecary
Adina also has created and provided her reader with a whole chapter based around becoming your own apothecary and making your own effective, and all-natural, products right out of your kitchen cupboards. I mean the power to clear, healthy skin is right at your fingertips and once you read Adina's insights on how to do so you'll never look back, trust me! 
Skin Cleanse Book - so much in common, head to toe illustration
Overall this book has been an amazing read and became my best friend/bible/guru all in one. I love the entire approach of this book and the way it's been written. The easy-to-read affect but also the important message that your body absorbs everything you put on it; so it's important to pay attention to those ingredients and how your body reacts. 


Have you ever read Skin Cleanse? 
No -you need to get it | Yes, what did you think? 
Cheerio for now! 
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | Goodreads 


To read any of my other book reviews, simply click here
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This definitely sounds like a book I need to read! I particularly like the idea of the chapter about how your ancestry affects the way you live, so interesting :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you would love it! I honestly can't sing its praises enough, you should definitely have a read of it xx

      Delete

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig