Monday 20 March 2017

Book Review: Bloom

Bloom: navigating life and style, Estée Lalonde  
As a subscriber to Estée's channel, I all but climbed on my desk and shimmy-danced when she announced her book in this video. As a subscriber to Estée's channel, I all but climbed on my desk and shimmy-danced when she announced her book in this video. I know there is often a lot of mixed opinion about YouTubers writing books but I knew her book would be amazing, and I wasn't wrong.

Bloom is centered around what and how Estée became who she is today. She discusses everything, and I mean everything -there's no holding back, which is so refreshing. The book kinda revolves around the idea of blooming into the person you are meant to be and if our souls were flowers, Estée's would be the most beautiful out of the bunch!
With eight sections, Bloom covers life, people, work, beauty, fashion, home, travel and food and is almost wrote as though she is talking to you over a cup of tea which makes the experience even more personal. I found the sections about her childhood and her past relationships with food incredibly emotional purely because of how much I resonated with her experiences. I'm not one to judge a book by its' cover, or appearance, but I found the layout, quality of pictures and general aesthetic of the book really pleasing. I know that may sound odd to some people, but the font, page colours, page number layouts, etc are all things a bookworm like myself appreciates in a book (imagine trying to read font you can't stand or that is too small).
End thoughts: I loved this book. It's almost like a survival/motivational guide that resonated with so many aspects of my life growing up as well as giving me wise words and strength to continue on and to always listen to my heart. Bloom is the book I wished I had growing up, and the book I am probably going to gift all the young girls and women in my life. It is a must-read.


Have you ever read Bloom? What did you think? 
Cheerio for now! 
Instagram | Bloglovin | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig