Thursday 26 October 2017

What I'm Studying This Year | 17

I have kind of made it a habit to document my university progress on this little corner of cyberspace. Because of that it just wouldn't be right to not let you guys know what I'm studying this year.

This year I am studying a module called Reading and Studying Literature (A230) with The Open University. It will be my fourth module and fourth year towards my Open Degree. To graduate with my Open degree I have to complete and pass six modules with the Open University which means I am officially halfway through my degree! I remember enrolling onto my first module so vividly. I was so nervous and worried that I had potentially signed away six years of my life; dreading that it would drag on and be torture. If anything, it has been the exact opposite and I can't recommend the Open University enough to people. It truly is such an enjoyable and friendly community, which is so welcoming and accommodating of whatever stage of life you are in. People of all ages and all walks of life come together to form a friendly teaching environment and supportive community.

Anyway, back to the module (sorry, I went on a tangent). My module, of course, involves a lot of literature and a heck of a lot of reading -but I'm a bookworm, so I'm kind of in my element. Not only does it include classic novels but also plays, readings, poetry and travel writing from the Renaissance and Eighteenth century, through to the twentieth century; it also covers a wide range of themes and eras such as the romantics and the Victorians.

I must admit that there is a lot of work to this module which is nerve-wracking but I'm also excited to start and find my routine again. This module also has an exam at the end of the year, something I have never experienced at university level so that is also at the back of my mind constantly. Regardless of this, I can't wait to get settled into this module and read all the great works it has to offer.


Cheerio for now!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig