Monday 19 December 2016

Autumn | 16


Life:
Autumn, just like Summer, was stressful in ways but more emotionally draining than anything else. Turning 21 was a difficult stepping stone and it brought with it a few unearthed emotions I had to deal with, but regardless I had an amazing birthday and was thoroughly spoilt. My health has been steadying and, while I do still have bad days and flares, I have managed to get to a steady point where I can keep my head above water.

Feeling: Going into Autumn I was drained and hadn't really got an even balance of different areas of my life. I have definitely realized the importance of self-care, unwinding and switching off. I have come to use skincare as my 'time', as well as listening to podcasts with a hot brew.

Reading: Many Magazines. I have enjoyed discovering and reading a lot of new magazines lately (well, new to me). I love my Peppermint subscription, as well as catching up with Frankie magazine every so often, however, lately, I have discovered some new loves that I am head over heels with. The Messy heads, Popshot and Oh Comely are just a few. I will no doubt do an entire post because there is so much to say about each of them.

Watching: I marathon watched all The Gilmore Girls episodes in anticipation for the Reunion (I will probably end up doing a post on my thoughts about the reunion). This also made me finally invest in Netflix which got me hooked on Pretty Little Liars. I am currently on the season five so no spoilers, please. I also loved watching vlogtober. October is my favourite month, so having certain YouTubers creating content daily was really great. My favourites were The fashion citizen and sunbeamsjess.

Creating: A lot of writing. I'm currently working on a creative writing module towards my degree, so naturally, I have been writing constantly. I have really enjoyed it so far and have loved learning different techniques to help my writing grow and develop in new ways.
Recent Favourites: A lot of birthday related things. I received a pocket watch from my grandparents for my birthday, which I am absolutely in love with. When I opened it, my eyes nearly popped out my head like cartoon characters. It is truly something I will cherish forever. Another favourite was my cake -yes, my cake. My mom had a replica of my beach hut made, which was so pretty and well made; and yes, it was delicious.

Listening: I like to listen to movie scores or instrumental pieces when I study, so I have really enjoyed some of Spotify's playlists. I've been routinely listening to podcasts, particularly Stuff you missed in history class, Ladies who Lunch, and Myths and Legends -yup, I'm a sucker for those history and mystery vibes.
Enjoying: My current uni module, A125 Creative Writing with The Open University. I can go into my studying/uni experience a bit more in a different post, but so far have been really enjoying this module. I have also been enjoying puppy cuddles. My mom's partner got a red Labrador at the end of September, so I have been taking full advantage of cuddles whilst he is still small enough to bear hug.


What have been your highlights this Autumn? Are you looking forward to Winter? 
Cheerio for now! 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness the dog is beyond cute, I don't blame you for taking full advantage of cuddles! I'm glad your health is steadying and you've found time for self-care - I've been trying to do that more recently and I've noticed a difference. The beach hut cake looks amazing btw, your mom is so talented! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad I took advantage too because he's already getting huge! He is going to be a big dog, for sure. Thank you! yeah, I've been trying to make it an essential in my routine. I find it so difficult to switch off from my work or even social media, it's nice to just quiet all that noise and interaction and turn inward for a while.
      It was amazing -I have to admit, I'm considering doing a round-up post of all my bday cakes because my mom has come up with some amazing ones over the years! (even if no one else is interested, it'll be kinda cool seeing them all in one place).

      Hope the new year is good to you! xx

      Delete

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig