Saturday 14 March 2015

a trip to the bookshop

Just after i submitted my first TMA back in November, I decided to take some time away from the books to recharge. I was feeling drained but slightly anxious too, at the thought of getting my results -I thought writing it was bad enough, waiting for the result is ten times worse! With that in mind on the following Sunday we all piled into the car and headed for the coast, to Whitstable. We even managed to drag grandfather along with us, which is a miracle within itself.
It was a chilly day, with the coastal breeze making it that extra bit nippy. Whitstable is a quaint historic town, the road pathed with old stone and tiny shops and businesses lodged here and there down pokey alley ways. It's a beautiful place at any time of the year, but not the most ideal place for a wheelchair user. Because of that we have to park as close as possible to the shops we want to have a look in. Of course the only shop I'm likely to want to go in is the bookshop, which I dragged everyone into.
You know when a dog sees their owner and they get all excited, wag their tail like crazy and jump about -that's what I'm like when I see a bookshop; although as a chronically ill person the jumping around is more spiritual than physical. Whenever I go into the store I head straight for the Classics and start the excruciating process of picking and deciding which books I want, need and which I'll eventually buy. It's a tediously long process much to my families delight, but I eventually narrowed it down to four books -which I must point out is a record for me! By this point my family just agreed to get the books for me and get me out of there before I took up permanent residency. The adrenaline of being able to go in the book shop got a little too much, so I crashed in the car as the rest of the cronies dodged in and out of the rest of the shops.
Our day ended with a nice cruise and guided tour down memory lane from my grandpops -which I must admit was more like being in a jeep on a rally drive; fast drivers and leather seats are not a good mix! We ended up finishing our day with a nice roast -unfortunately I was too exhausted to even get through half of mine- and then headed home, where I flopped into bed, just like every other day. Why break the habit of a lifetime huh?

**i just realised how long this is getting so I shall save my reviews of my bookshop haul for another day.
Cheerio for now!
Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© whatsinadeck | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig